Thursday, August 19, 2010

Fresh Baked Thursday

Hello! 

Would you like a little fresh-baked pie with your blog reading today?!  :^)  

Today's card is intended to accompany a gift of homemade baked goods:


After stamping the background pies, I wanted to mat the main image but the next level of Nestabilities that I have was too large ~ it would've covered too much of the background.   

When I began acquiring Nestabilities, I chose to purchase just the large sizes.  So instead of using the too large die, I took the same die I used for the main image and taped it to a piece of burgundy cardstock.  I then traced the outline of it with a pencil and cut it out with my paper snips.  Easy peasy, and just the right amount of colored mat!

I adhered the image to the burgundy mat, and then attached them to the card base with foam adhesive.  

The image was stamped and sponged, and sprayed with Glimmer Mist.  It's a little hard to see the shimmer, but it really coordinated well with the natural flecked background cardstock.


Hope you liked today's card . . . and if it tempted you. . .  well, just don't eat too much pie ;^) .

Stamps:  Waltzingmouse, of course!
Ink:  Memento (rich cocoa), Versacolor (toffee), Distress Ink (sponging)
Cardstock:  Papertrey Ink (white, kraft, scarlet jewel), Stampin' Up (natural confetti)
Other:  Tattered Angels (glimmer mist), SU button, embroidery floss, ribbon (unknown origin), SU punch, SU foam dimensionals

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to let us know what you think!