Today I have a fun, bright, birthday card that uses a lot of texture and lots of orange! With a change of color or sentiment, this would make up a nice set of gift cards.
Card Construction Details:
1. Stamped a bunch of flowers from WM Asian Gardens with different colored Memento inks. I got a perfect impression first time.
2. Punched out flowers with a 1" circle punch.
3. Embossed white cardstock with a Fiskars Textured Plate (Braids). Trimmed to 4 and 1/5" x 3 and 1/4".
4. After goofing around with various color combos, decided to go all Orange.
5. Added orange rhinestones to each circle flower, adhering with Ranger Glossy glaze. (Haven't had good luck with "self-adhesive" embellishments.)
6. Stamped sentiment. Thrilled at how easy it was to stamp right over the textured panel. Got to love Claire's stamps!
7. Added circles with dimensionals.
8. To get an even layout, I line up everything with Stampin Up's grid paper pad. I love that thing!
9. Mounted white panel on an Orange A2 card.
My next purchases are going to be some textured plates, or embossing folders. They create such a simple and fast way to add interest to a card and if you look around, you can get some interesting patterns. I've got a wish list a mile long!
Stamps: Waltzingmouse Asian Gardens and Free Spirit Sentiments
Ink: Memento Tangelo
Cardstock: Papertrey Ink White and Orange Zest
Other: Fiskars Texture Plate Braid, 1" circle punch, Hero Arts rhinestones, dimensionals