Saturday, September 25, 2010

"Fabby" Nutcracker!

You may be getting used to it but I still can't believe I'm here on a Saturday again!!   You may not remember this, but my usual post day is supposed to be Thursday, LOL!

Well, let's just get on with the card because it uses one of Claire's Nutracracker Sweet fellas and I just love those nutcrackers!!


I usually don't even get to Halloween or Thanksgiving cards quite yet, but these nutcrackers are irresistable!   He's colored with Prismacolor pencils and Gamsol, and Spica gold glitter pen.

For the background patterned paper, I stamped using my CHF Scrapblock of vintage text.


Clara of "The Nutcracker" would have loved these!  It's a story my daughter and I have read over and over every year and have a favorite version with beautiful watercolors.  Hmmm... When I look at the nutcracker stamps, these bold colors come to mind but maybe I'll have to give watercolor a try, too.  Goodness knows I'll be using these stamps over and over again, too.

Thanks for coming by!!  

Stamps:  Waltzingmouse Stamps Nutcracker Sweet
Ink:  Memento, Papertrey ink (PTI) (vintage cream and scarlet jewel)
Cardstock:  PTI 
Paper:  Basic Grey (wassail)
Other:  Ribbon from Stampin Up and PTI, button and twine PTI, SU dimensionals

3 comments:

  1. Nice, the coloring is fab! I am still fearful of nutcrackers though, they remind me of scary clowns, LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. The colors you used are fabulous. This is really pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful coloring! I love the swirly paper too!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let us know what you think!