The base of the project is a 5 x 7 piece of metal flashing material. I used the Corner Chomper for the rounded corners. The paper is all Papertrey Ink patterned paper.
For the magnets, I stamped images from Sewing Box Hugs several times on various patterned papers. Then I assembled the pieces and embossed multiple times with UTEE (ultra thick embossing enamel). The embossed paper images are then backed with cardstock for more sturdiness -- and it's a good thing because the magnets attached to the backs with E6000 are really strong!
It was a little tricky to do the embossing with the layers of paper piecing, especially the bird with three pieces of paper. My original idea had been to simply stamp the images on Bristol vellum and color with Copics, then treat with coats of UTEE. I may re-do the magnets that way and I'll show you the results the next time.
Here's a close-up of one of the magnets:
Here's an example that I posted here months ago of how the UTEE looks on Copic-colored images:
I'll post the new magnets a bit later. I still like the paper piecing so maybe we'll just give her both! She can always use them in her locker or on the fridge. . . Oh my, now I just want to make school locker magnets! :^)
ETA: I did do a couple of more magnets with the same stamps colored with Copics. . . but of course forgot to take a picture!! Since my daughter would like some herself, I'll make some more and show you them another day!
Better get busy!! See you later and thanks for coming by!