Sunday, February 21, 2010

I Love Waltzingmouse Stamps


I am Donna and am thrilled that Joan invited me to join this special bloggers' group. I think it is going to be so much fun.

I have been a Papertrey fan for years and first met Claire (owner of Waltzingmouse Stamps), on the forum there. When she came out with her own line of clear stamp designs, I was so excited. I found Claire's style to be just what I was looking for. Her stamps are versatile and range from cute to classic. They are high quality stamps and I just love stamping with them. They come from Ireland, but her shipping is fast and the shipping price is actually less than I sometimes pay for shipping in the states.

I have been a stamper for about 15 years and still love to stamp as much as ever. I prefer clear stamps due to the ease of positioning as well as for storage. Hubby remodeled my stamp room (you can see pictures beginning August 1, 2008 in my personal stamping blog) and I set it up to store all my stamps in CD cases in drawers. All my stamps are unmounted from the wood and I have a growing collection of clear stamps. My blog is linked at the right side of this page.

I have been published several times over the years in Stamper's Sampler, The Rubber Stamper, and Take Ten. I quit submitting several years ago when I decided to just blog my cards rather than send them in, never to see the non-published ones again.

I am a teacher in a juvenile detention center and have been teaching all grades, all subjects, year round, for over 12 years. I am mom to 2 adult sons who are my pride and joy and have been married nearly 32 years to my husband, Jon who is a commercial salmon fisherman, volunteer firefighter, and also my substitute teacher. He has Parkinson's and almost a year ago had Deep Brain Stimulation Surgery, for which we are very thankful and willing to discuss with anyone who might have questions. I am hearing impaired but thanks to technology and a BAHA implant, I do just fine. We all live in Washington state.

Besides stamping, I have done tole painting and wood carving over the years. I love to read and I love holidays and all that goes with them. I like travel and Hawaii and Paris are my 2 favorite places to go. I like antiques and decorating my home with them. I must have chocolate daily!

My favorite stamping tools are my Slice, my Cuttlebug, and my Scor Pal. I am a die hard ATG adhesive gun fan. In addition to Waltzingmouse, I stamp with many brands of stamps such as Papertrey, SU, Hero Arts, Kitchen Sink, Crafty Secrets, Gina K. and basically anything that catches my fancy!

I am so happy you are joining us and cannot wait to see what you think of our creations!

2 comments:

  1. Just popping in to wish you all the best and I'm looking forward to seeing all your creations. (We also have hearing impairment in common too!)
    Joyce

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great to meet you, Donna! This will be so much fun!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let us know what you think!