Sunday, February 21, 2010

Welcome to the Waltzingmouse Makers blog!

I want to thank Joan Bardee for starting up this lovely spot ~ how wonderful to have this special place to share our love of Waltzingmouse Stamps! 

My name is Nancy or Nan, also known as Phantom on Splitcoaststampers, and Shady Tree Studio at Cornish Heritage Farms, and my blog is also Shady Tree Studio.  I never know where to start when someone asks me to tell a little something about myself ~ but since stamping probably brought you here, that's what I'll share with you today.

My first glimpse of stamping art was a wood-mounted dolphin stamp I purchased as a teenager (and still have).  And about 10 years ago, I saw a demonstration of embossing powder at a scrapbooking store and found myself the owner of a set of foam-mounted stamps (they were horrible!), some cardstock and supplies.  I made a few monogrammed cards and that was about it. 

Then 3 years ago, I was introduced to Stampin' Up and Splitcoaststampers.  I'm sure a lot of you are familiar with this tale!  I was hooked.  Seriously so.  I jumped on the unmounting bandwagon immediately to accommodate my ever-growing collection of rubber stamp art and all the necessary accessories.   Soon, with a background in art, it was only natural for me to progress to stamp illustration, and then I took the plunge and established my blog.

I "met" Joan through her blog, Paperlicious, Splitcoaststampers, and our mutual affection for the fabulous new stamp company from Claire Brennan, Waltzingmouse Stamps.  I was drawn into Claire's world immediately ~ her designs have an indescribable quality that is so new and fresh, so unique, that I am captivated.  Everything about the world of Waltzingmouse is simply charming.

I'll do my best to share with you some fun designs using Waltzingmouse Stamps here on the Waltzingmouse Makers blog and I'm excited to see creations by my fellow contributors as well.   Thanks for coming by!


 I {heart}
Waltzingmouse Stamps

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to let us know what you think!