Sunday, April 18, 2010

Distressing Fun


So I was at the Waltzingmousehouse forum the other day and was reading this fun little thread about distress inks by Tim Holtz. I remembered that I had one distress pad that I had bought ages ago. (Its Brown Corduroy). So I decided to depart from my usual style and make a fun little distressed card. The first thing I did was ink up the Offbeat background grid in Dark Chocolate ink. I stamped it on Lemon Tart cardstock. Next I cut a scallop out of some old PTI patterned paper. Then I took my Vintage Circles stamps and stamped the focal point in dark chocolate. I cut it out with my nesties and then added the sentiment (from Lil Buddies). I added some yellow glitter and dark chocolate twill and of course went to town with the distress ink. Its not my usual style but I think it came out kinda cool. You should stop by the waltzingmouse house forum and see what ideas you pick up on.

Michele (I am Derby)

Card Deets:
Stamps: Vintage Circles, Lil Buddies, Offbeat Backgrounds
Ink: Dark Chocolate (PTI) Brown Corduroy (Tim Holtz)
Paper: Lemon tart, father knows best patterned papers (PTI)
Other: glitter, twill

4 comments:

  1. This is fabby Michele! i love the distressed look! hope next week is better for you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous! Love the colors and the vintage/distressed look of it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely fabulous. I love the distressed look.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well done!! I really like the colors and patterns.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let us know what you think!