Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Happy Birthday



I set out to try another masculine birthday card...they are tough! I also wanted to try something different and geometric. I used a stamp from the Very Vintage Label 4 set to create a background. I went back and stamped some stars from Spring Baskets in each shape. I cut out a label 4 with the die and stamped again, and then stamped the sentiment from Say it with Style. Not my favorite card ever, but it was fun to try!

Thanks for looking!
Melissa

"Happy Birthday"
Stamps: Say it with Style, Very Vintage Label 4 and Spring Baskets (Waltzingmouse Stamps)
Ink: Summer Sunrise, Lemon Tart and Hawaiian Shores (PTI)
Paper: Hawaiian Shores and Stamper's Select White (PTI)
Other: Label 4 Nestabilities Die, HS Twill tape, foam tape, corner rounder

6 comments:

  1. Love making backgrounds and these colors rock together. This came out so nice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think those colors are really appealing together ~ and you did a great job with the geometric design!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh, this so cool! Great colour combo.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the background melissa, very creative :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is very clever. Thanks for a new idea for this stamp.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let us know what you think!