Thursday, April 22, 2010

Stamped Strips

. . . of cardstock can make any kind of card.  In this case, a soft friendly one.  This card has been inside my head ever since I saw a similar one by Michelle Wooderson a while back.

If you decide to try a card like this, I recommend starting with a color palette.  I purposely chose the Angel Pink ink by Memento because I knew I had the PTI Sweet Blush ribbon and the two matched and I LOVE this shade of pink.  From there, I went with Kraft (the Memento Desert Sand ink works well) and green (Memento Pear Tart). 


Since I had soft colors, I selected "friendly" images.  You need small images to stamp them close together or there is too much empty space on your strips.  Or use background stamps. Or save a WHOLE bunch of time and use patterned paper (although I really enjoyed slowing down and making this with stamps).

I took a few photos along the way, mainly for new stampers and because I just felt like it.


And here are the photos I took as I was making the card (3 "quarter" sheets means 3 pieces of 4.25" x 5.5" of cardstock.  In this case, I used PTI Cream, the Memento inks as shown and small images from Waltzingmouse sets Sweetheart (the heart), Irish Blessings (shamrocks) and the hugely popular Very Vintage Christmas (scrolly things):



The dotted frame is from Waltzingmouse Very Vintage Labels 4.  I cut out each of the dotted frames as you can see on my block.  The sentiment is from Sweethearts. 

Mood When Done = Happy

7 comments:

  1. Very sweet and lovely, Joan ~ how nice of you to show it step-by-step. I love the softness of it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful, Joan! I plan on having a marathon stamping weekend to justify all of my latest purchases, and I'll be CASEing this design and ruffled ribbon, for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh gosh, this is just so gorgeous. Great tut, too. I love how you photographed the card. Beautiful. Very professional looking.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty, Love the soft pink and the ribbon is lush! Pauline x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the step by step! This is an amazing card!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Step by step + assembly line = four cards!
    make your own background paper + WMS stamps = very versatile! Spellbinders + ribbon ruffle = embellishments! Put it all together and you get an amazing looking card x four!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let us know what you think!