Sunday, April 11, 2010

So Happy to Be Here!


Hi!! Its my first post here on the Waltzingmouse Makers Blog. I am so excited to join the team here, I literally jumped up and down when Joan asked me to join. Let me tell you a little about myself. My name is Michele, but I go by DerbyLea on the various crafting boards I frequent. I am a middle aged mom of two grade school aged kiddos. I teach science at an elementary school in Northern California. I have loved art since I was a small kiddo. I originally intended to go to art school and draw for a living (ha! I would probably be living in a cardboard box). My parents encouraged me to do something that would be more likely to pay the bills (hence, teaching). Anyway a few years back I moved from scrapbooking to stamping and here I am, very happy to be making cards and creating a paper-filled mess on a daily basis. I "met" Miss Claire on a message board and have long been a huge fan. You can read my raves about her stamps here, here, and here. I love her and her classic style! I also post on my own blog, I Am Derby. Ok, enough babble about me... on to the goods...
Don't you just love this basket? This is one of my favorite stamps from Waltzingmouse. I love how tall and elegant it is. These stamps are all from the Spring Baskets set. They are a joy to work with, full of fun options and great sentiments!
Card Deets:
Stamps: Waltzingmouse Spring Baskets
Paper: PTI Aqua and Hawaiian shores
Ink: Palette (Dark Chocolate). PTI Hawaiian Shores
Other: Button (pti) Copic markers, rickrack die (pti)

12 comments:

  1. Beautiful card. Love the daffodils.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations Michele, how exciting!! LOVE your card :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah you are here!! This is so pretty. It just exudes spring!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful! Love the color combo!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations Michelle...see as one door closes another opportunity comes around, how exciting and love your card!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations to you, Michele! This is a well-deserved honor. Your work is always beatiful.

    ReplyDelete
  7. YOu are NOT middle aged girly! *grin* Surely you plan on living longer than your 60 somethings, right?!
    I DO like that basket...never noticed it before. I like the font in the sentiment too, and that adorable flower button on the yummy ric rac!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations Michele! Your card is beautiful. So fresh and uplifting. I love your classic/clean design style!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely card and welcome to the blog, Michele!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello! Welcome :) Beautiful card

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wonderful Michele - such a stunning springtime image!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let us know what you think!