Friday, April 2, 2010

Glorious Spring

Today I'm sharing a card with the cute trio of flowers and a great sentiment from Spring Baskets. 



Card Construction Details

1.  Stamped flowers, colored with Copics.
2.  Stamped sentiment and cut out piece as shown.
3.  Added clear buttons.
4.  Die cut rick rack.  Since I do not have Copic markers that are a good match to the Spring Moss cardstock, I colored a piece of the Spring Moss after I die cut it to match the leaves on the flowers.
5.  The three rick rack strips turned out to be harder to adhere than I expected and I ended up ruining the first white card I used (too much tape, so it showed under the rick rack).
6.  So, I cut the white off the bottom of the card and substituted some pink cardstock.  Bingo! Liked it better anyway.
7.  Adhered flower panel with dimensionals.
8.  Rounded bottom of card.

Mood when done = Glorious


Supplies

Stamps:  Waltzingmouse Spring Baskets
Cardstock:  PTI:  White, Hibiscus, Spring Moss and Summer Sunrise
Ink:  Memento Tuxedo
Other:  Copics, PTI Rick Rack Die, We R Memory Keepers Corner Chomper, clear buttons and twine

11 comments:

  1. I really like the die cut rick rack and the bright cheerful colours. Definitely glorious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a pretty card. It rocks the C&S style. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the way the rick-rack is used. Lovely flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So sweet! I love how the rick-rack coordinates with the flowers!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glorious card for a gloriously beautiful Friday here in the Northeast. I definitely am copying your triple ric rac design. Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  6. (you have me looking at design elements!! All kinds of threes in this! hehe)
    Lovely spring card...it would cheer for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so pretty Joan-love the pretty spring colours and dang it! I like that rick rack die.......

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really LOVE this, love what you did with the ric rac, and the beautiful spring colors!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is such a pretty card Joan. I love the sentiment, the spring colors and the buttons are awesome over the flowers.

    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  10. conniecrafter@charter.netApril 3, 2010 at 10:01 AM

    Great spring colors, love the ric rac and the clear buttons!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh no STOP making me want the rick rack die...I have been holding steady but I love your cute little colorful border! LOVE that flower image!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let us know what you think!