Come listen to a story about a card gone wild...
but first, this is for the Waltzingmouse Challenge, which you can find here. (You can win 8 stamps sets from the May release (tomorrow!). Please don't enter as it will reduce my chances of winning...
Card Construction Details:
1. Stamp image from Faux Fun with Versamark on PTI Aqua Mist cardstock. Trimmed to 4" square.
2. Stamp Mother (sentiment from Roses in Bloom) with Hawaiian ink on Mulberry paper.
3. Die cut oval in Aqua Mist cardstock and adhere mulberry to back.
4. Cannot read sentiment so gently peel back cardstock from oval. Huge mess.
5. Distress and ink edges.
6. Trim Papertrey Ink Hawaiian Shores cardstock to 4 and 1/4" square. More distressing and inking.
7. Stamp rose from Roses in Bloom on cream cardstock twice and once on mulberry. Trim.
8. Add rose as shown with one layer on dimensionals cause that's what everyone does.
9. Add pearls ALL the way around oval.
10. Heat set ivory silk ribbon to curl. Learn silk ribbon doesn't curl when heat set. Twist ribbon and tie in vain attempt to create trendy looking old ribbon.
11. Make separate bow. Cut off original horrible bow and added new bow with glue dots. Trim tails too short. Repeat THREE times until bow looks semi decent. Waste huge amounts of expensive silk ribbon. Good thing husband doesn't read this blog.
12. Order chinese food as clear no time for cooking.
13. Stamp different rose on 4 and 1/2" square cream card with Hawaiian Shores ink.
14. Glue everything. Is straight in person but looks crooked in picture (??)
15. Pearls look like tacky Neon Sign. Pull off most. Tear cardstock where pearls had been. Seriously consider selling off all supplies and going to real Hawaiian shores with proceeds. Cannot bear to start over, proving am not perfectionist.
16. Have dinner with husband.
17. Tear various parts of card and throw PTI tea dye ink around to look more distressed.
18. Will give card to my Mom for Mother's Day and expect "Oh, so the tearing is on purpose?"
Mood When Done = Messy