Thursday, March 11, 2010

Luck O' the Irish

With St. Patrick's Day just around the corner, I just had to pull out some of my favorite Waltzingmouse stamps.



I started by stamping the background onto DP, and then the house scene.  Next, I colored the image with pastels.  I used a white colored pencil to add some highlights to the house but it barely made any difference.  So, I took a blender pen and dipped it on a white ink pad (PTI's Fresh Snow).   The two little shamrocks and the large four-leaf clover are all embossed in gold, and the sentiment mat is edged with gold leafing pen.  I also added some edging in white on the Kraft cardstock base.  

For the sentiment, I used a piece of the patterned paper without the additional stamping background which helped it to stand out more.

Here's a little closeup of the coloring:

I really enjoyed using the pastels -- the subtleties of color and shade are more obvious in person.  

Thanks for stopping by!

Stamps:  Waltzingmouse Stamps
Cardstock:  Papertrey Ink
Paper:  probably Basic Grey ;) 
Ink:  Memento, Versamagic, Papertrey Ink
Other:  Pastels, gold leafing pen, gold embossing powder, rhinestones and pearl.

5 comments:

  1. This is so beautiful! I love the subtle images in the background!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the soft feel of your cottage, I would not have thought to stamp it on patterned paper, but it works so well. The gold embossing gives it that hint of warmth and luxury, a magical card, Pxx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let us know what you think!