Friday, March 19, 2010

Purple Hearts




I'm in love with this small heart image.  I found it tucked away in Waltzingmouse Say It With Style.  Sometimes I overlook little gems in sets -- especially in big sets.  So while I was rummaging around in my enormous mess of a stamp room I spotted this heart and the light bulb went off.  I can see making a set of these in a variety of colors with different sentiments.  (I can see a lot of things -- hope I actually do this one!)

Card Construction Details:

1.  Cut cardstock to A2 size and placed on Stampin Up grid paper.
2.  Stamped the heart on the right side of the card first, being careful to note exactly where it was near the grid paper.
3.  Then stamped sentiment.
4.  Stamped heart on the immediate left of sentiment, then the left edge near the same grid line, then in the middle of those two.  I'm spelling this out for those of you who, like me, have a hard time lining things up.
5.  Colored hearts with Copic marker and added rhinestones.
6.  Added ribbon.
7.  Because the cardstock I used bleeds through when using Copics, I cut a slightly smaller piece of cardstock and lined the front inside.  Hides the ribbon too.

Mood when done:  Happy!

Supplies:  Waltzingmouse Stamps Say It With Style
Ink:  Memento Tuxedo
Cardstock:  PTI Stampers Select White
Other:  PTI Plum Pudding ribbon, Copic Sketch Marker  V95 Light Grape; random rhinestones

17 comments:

  1. This is wonderful. I have little stamps all over the place that have never seen ink. What a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A beautiful eye catching card, Pauline x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful card. I can see it in a variety of colors and sentiments and given as a package of cards for a gift.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very sweet and simple, I love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. OH!! I LOVE this!!! (even with the purple....you know it's in that girly color family that I just freak out about! hehe)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is adorable and thanks for the reminder to watch out for those precious little gems :). LOVELY!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That IS a great image! Wow, you used it beautifully. What a wonderful card! I just love small images, but never seem to use them much...I MUST do something like this! Thank you for the inspiration! :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. Joan, your cards are alway so beautiful!

    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  9. Joan I was saving that image to use for next Valentine's Day! Thank you for showing me that the images in that stamp set are for ALL occasions! :o)

    BTW that is a lovely card! I think I'll try making a set myself stamped in different colors. It'd make a great gift set for someone.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a pretty thank you card Joan. I've been popping about your blog and you have so many pretty cards. Tomorrow we post our third card challenge ever on www.justscraps.ca and would love to have you play along. Drop by and visit!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Pretty, purple, and swoopy...I LIKE IT!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let us know what you think!