It's been a busy week and today while I was making some necklace pendants, it occurred to me that I hadn't posted my Thursday blog entry for the week yet!
So this was rather impromptu but I made a couple of pendants to show you.
The first, is using the daffodil stamp:
1. Stamp image in SU Really Rust on Bristol vellum
2. Color with Copics
3. Add Sakura clear star sparkle
4. Emboss repeatedly with UTEE (ultra thick embossing enamel).
5. Ink back and sides of 1" blank wooden tile
5. Attach image using Scor-Tape
I'm still undecided about embossing the sides with silver. Once I decide on a chain, beads, etc., this will become a necklace for my daughter whose favorite flower is the daffodil :).
I also made a couple of domino pendants using the rosebud stamp:
2. Apply reinker and wipe with a cloth;
repeat as desired
3. Stamp image with Stazon
4. Color with pastels
5. Add Spica glitter pen or regular glitter using 2-way glue pen
For the first domino, I completely forgot to heat set the Stazon and sprayed with an acrylic clear coat.
The Stazon immediately bled and I was ready to start over. Then I realized I actually like it.
For the second domino, I heat set the ink and then decided to glaze the surface with multiple applications of UTEE.
On the edges, I may simply apply reinker and wipe, emboss in silver or black, or use a leafing pen. Lots of options!
While on the subject of tiles and glazing, here is a magnet I made some time ago using the Celtic cross stamp:
This really is one of my favorite projects. Again, the images are stamped on Bristol vellum and colored with Copics, embossed with UTEE, and this time mounted on chipboard. A button magnet was attached to the back with epoxy.